THIS WEEK IN OUTSIDER ART
A long-time exhibitor at the Outsider Art Fair, it is exciting for all who will partake in the event’s thirty-first rendition that Sherry Pardee and her national and international collection of folk and outsider art will be returning March 2nd-5th at Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City.
The Pardee Collection will be showing this year at the Outsider Art Fair: an excellent example of a Haitian Voodoo flag by artist Antoine Oleyante, paintings, and drawings by African American artist Emitte Hych, architectural drawings by Jim Work and drawings by the religious visionary artist Stephen JM Palmer as well as paintings by Teddy Schapiro.
Click here for examples of these beautiful artworks, and stay tuned for more from New York City in two weeks as we head out to this year’s Outsider Art Fair.
- Andrew Edlin Gallery: Ray Materson: Embroideries, 1990–2023 // Feb 04 – Mar 18
- Cavin-Morris Gallery: The Go-betweens: New Work by Christine Sefolosha, and Sylvain and Ghyslaine Staëlens // Feb 02 – Apr 01
- Hanna Pietri Gallery presents Maurice Sullins // Online
- Intuit Art Center: What Are Words For? // Feb 02 – Mar 19
- SHRINE LA: Death of an Outsider // Feb 14 – Mar 18
- Including works by Hayley Barker, David Butler, Minnie Evans, Frank Jones, Rob Ober, Bill Traylor + More
- SAGE Studio: By Design // Opening Feb 04
- Webb Gallery Waxahachie: Margaret Sullivan Jewelry & Paintings by Teresa Watson + Webb’s Fair & Square in Fort Davis: Garden Party // Paintings & Cutouts by Jackie Dunn Smith + Decanters by Adam Shrewsbury
- Art Against The Odds: Wisconsin Prison Art Exhibition at Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design // Jan 19 – Mar 11
- John Michael Kohler Arts Center: Creative! Growth! // May 21 – May 19
- Milwaukee Art Museum: Playing Favorites: Spotlight on the Petullo Collection // Oct 08 – Apr 02
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Introducing The FolkArtwork Collective
- New Works By Noel Hatifled in the FolkArtwork Collective Shop!
- Original Artwork For Sale: Sarah Lee
- WATCH: THE ANGEL THAT STANDS BY ME: Minnie Evans’ Paintings
- David Bowie Drew Inspiration From Legendary Outsider Artist Daniel Johnston
- The Greatest List of All-Time for Must-Watch Documentaries on Outsider Artists
- Art Environments in the Midwest: Photos, Videos, Info, and more!
- Looking for a good book on Outsider Art? Look no further!
- Change Makers: Stories that Inspire: Life & Work with Adam Oestreich
FROM THE COLLECTIVE
And check out original artwork for sale at the FolkArtwork Collective
Thank you <3